The Peter Gilgan Mississauga Hospital
The Peter Gilgan Mississauga Hospital is a critical part of Trillium Health Partners’ plan to build a new kind of health care that serves our growing and diverse community for the decades ahead.
The new hospital will be a full replacement of the existing hospital and will redefine a new urban centre focused on health in this part of the city.
- At 24 storeys, The Peter Gilgan Mississauga Hospital will almost triple the size of the current hospital and will be approximately 2.8 million square feet.
- The new hospital will be over 950 beds.
- The number of operating rooms will increase to 23, up from 14 today.
- Over 80% of the rooms will be private rooms.
- A new and expanded Emergency Department (ED) – creating one of the largest EDs in the province – reducing wait times and improving the patient experience.
- The new hospital will also include advanced diagnostic imaging facilities and a new pharmacy and clinical laboratory.
The Peter Gilgan Mississauga Hospital will allow Trillium Health Partners to increase flexibility to respond to future health care challenges, feature modern hospital facilities and technology, and reflect the latest standards in infection prevention and control. The hospital will continue to deliver highly specialized care through our regional programs, such as the regional centre for cancer care, advanced cardiac surgery, and geriatric mental health services among others.