New Health Centre
Trillium HealthWorks goes beyond our hospital walls to include partnership projects that will increase access to important community-based services.
In partnership with Infrastructure Ontario and Partners Community Health, Trillium Health Partners is leading the build of a new health centre on Speakman Drive in Mississauga that will function as an interconnected community for seniors and caregivers, providing a broad range of services and programs that meet the needs of those it serves.
If you have general questions or comments about the new health centre being built at 2180 Speakman Drive, Mississauga, or would like to be added to the mailing list, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have real-time concerns about a construction issue on-site at 2180 Speakman Drive, please call 416.594.2196. This is a monitored line with after-hours contact information.
For questions about the long-term care homes, please contact Partners Community Health at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the future residential hospice, please contact Heart House Hospice at email@example.com
Long-term care home
The first phase of the new health centre includes a 632-bed long-term care home that will address the current lack of access to long-term care in this community and create capacity in hospitals where many patients wait for long-term care placement.
The long-term care home will be operated by Partners Community Health – a new, not-for-profit organization focused on bringing health care services together around the needs of people living in Mississauga and West Toronto.
Features of the long-term care home:
- The latest standards for long-term care home design and safety, including: private bedrooms; appropriately-sized lounge and dining areas; outdoor terraces and spaces; and, enhancements to HVAC including capability for 100% fresh air supply
- Two behavioural support units specially-designed to safely care for people who live with advanced dementia A day program for older adults who require regular enrolment in activities and services focused on maintaining their independence in order to prevent or delay the need for hospital or long-term care
- A 16-unit dialysis program space for long-term care residents and members of the community living with chronic kidney disease
The long-term care homes are part of the Ontario Government’s Accelerated Build Pilot Program, which aims to deliver new long-term care homes years sooner than traditional development projects through the use of hospital-owned land, rapid procurement and modular construction.
Future phases of the health centre include a residential hospice (built and operated by Heart House Hospice) and a health services building. For more information on Heart House Hospice please visit hearthousehospice.com.
For more information about Partners Community Health, please visit partnerscommunityhealth.ca
- November 5 Tower Crane Removal
- September 12 Update: Noise Bylaw Exemption and Town Hall follow-up
- August 19 Update: Noise bylaw exemption application, construction update and Town Hall
- July 28 Concrete Pours & Light Pole Installation
- July 6 Noise Bylaw Exemption Application – THP Update
- June 30 Urgent work – replacement of distribution panel
- June 22 Sanitary Sewer Replacement & Improvement – Update
- June 14 Concrete Pours Summer 2002 (Update)
- May 16 Paid Parking Update (Partners Community Health)
- May 5 Sanitary Sewer Replacement & Improvement
- April 20 Concrete Pour
- April Community Town Hall Summary Presentation
- March 4 Concrete Pour
- February 16 Construction Schedule & Noise Bylaw Exemption Update
- February 7 Concrete Pour
- January 28 Concrete Pour
- December 21 EllisDon application for Noise Bylaw Exemption
- September 16 Concrete Pour
- August 27 Paving & Concrete Pouring
- July 16 New date for concrete pour
- June 14 New not-for-profit, Partners Community Health, launched to operate long-term care home
- February 18 Possible construction activity on Saturdays
- December 17 Builder contract awarded for two new LTC homes in Mississauga
- November 13 Site mobilization activity beginning on Speakman Drive property
- September 1 Province announces zoning order to support construction of 640 LTC beds in Mississauga
- August 22 Tree contractor on site
- August Pre-construction activity on site
- July 21 Province announces plan for accelerated build of two LTC homes in Mississauga
In the future, details of additional projects will be added as they are further developed with our partners, including our previously announced partnership with Indus Community Services and Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care to provide culturally appropriate long-term care to the diverse community of Mississauga.